NO UPPER CLASS DRIVER CAN STEP DOWN INTO THIS CLASS, EXCEPT BOMBER CLASS. BOARD HAS FINAL APPROVAL.
economy sedan, coupe or light truck originally available with in-line four (4) cylinders carbureted, throttle body or multi-port
fuel injection engine.
1. Cars are subject to inspecting at ANYTIME and may require
the removal of some components.
2. No update, backdate, option etc… The vehicle must appear
both mechanically and cosmetically as it did out of the factory.
3. The vehicle will be approved only if it meets the general
requirements listed in these rules including but not limited to: front wheel drive or rear wheel drive and OEM four (4) cylinder
engines. Approvals for different makes and/or models must be cleared by the
4. The top four (4) finisher must report to post race tech.
1. All engines mist be OEM in-line four (4) cylinders. The engine is to remain bone stock in all aspects. Interpretation of the term stock will be strictly applied, and is subject to Board’s final judgment.
2. Engines may be carbureted or fuel injected. Carburetors and fuel injections must be original OEM systems that were stock with the specific automobile
from the factory. Carburetors and fuel injection cannot be altered in any way.
3. Stock modules and computers, if equipped, must be retained
as a functioning part of the engine system and kept un-modified. In order to
help achieve this, the stock wiring harness must be retained. Additionally,
the stock dash and instruments may also be retained.
4. Engine must produce a smooth idle at factory specified engine
speed or 800 RPM
of factory specifications are not known. It is subject to the tech official’s
Fuel system can remain stock provided the original fuel tank is located within the cars wheelbase.
If the fuel tank stock location is behind the rear wheels, it must be replaced
with a fuel cell in the trunk area with a metal barrier placed between it and the driver’s compartment. No more than an eight (8) gallon fuel cell.
6. No mid engine or rear engine is allowed. No dual overhead
7. Drive train must match year and application.
8. Single cam, 2600cc max.
9. The only after-market parts allowed must be exact replicas
of OEM parts.
10. Exhaust system after stock manifold may be changed. Emission
system may be removed. No exhaust components can be in driver’s compartment.
11. No lightened flywheels.
12. Automatic transmissions must have functional torque converters.
13. 110 race fuel ok, no methanol.
14. Must have working brakes on all four (4) wheels. Emergency brake must be removed.
15. The following systems are NOT allowed regardless of they came with the model as an option:
Turbo Chargers and Super Chargers.
BODY & SUSPENSION
1. Vehicle must appear stock OEM, must have OEM metal bodies
2. Doors may be gutted or skinned to allow room for the roll
3. Body, including bumpers, must be OEM type. Stock bumpers
are required to be chained securely to the frame, rounded inward or attached to fenders.
4. Stock suspension may be reinforced but must remain in original
5. Stock frame or uni-body may be reinforced between front and
6. Alignments may be changed as long as components are not modified.
7. All springs and shocks must be OEM MANDATORY.
8. Must be open differentials, Rear wheel or Front wheel drive
9. Spring rubbers and lowering blocks are ok.
10. Ballast allowed.
TIRES & WHEELS
1. Steel wheels only.
2. Tires must be P rated D.O.T. radial with rating visible from
the outside. Rating must be greater than 250. No grooving, sipping, grinding,
sanding or studding.
3. Tread limit to seven (7) inches as measured across the top
of tire sip to sip level with the wear bars. No mud, snow, re-tread or stud
able tire. Any size lug nuts are ok.
4. Tires must not be visible outside body when viewed from above.
1. The roll cage shall be constructed using 1.50 or1.75 inch
outside diameter steel tubing or greater with a minimum wall thickness .095 inches.
No tubing on the car can be greater than 2 inches in diameter. Six point
cage consisting of four-point center section and “kicker bars”. Kickers may be “X” braced. Center
section of cage must consist of main hoop with “X” bracing and halo that clears the driver’s head when he/she
is strapped in with his/her helmet on. The four points of the cage center section
must be securely welded to the car’s frame rails or mounted on a steel 4x4 pads welded to unibodies. Windshield bar
required. A minimum of three driver’s side door bars are required to be
plated with at least 18 gauge metal plating. Passenger side “Z”
bracing required-minimum. Driver and passenger doors may be gutted as necessary
to fit the cage. Doors must be securely fastened, if running two (2) seats;
passenger side needs to be the same requirements as driver’s side door.
2. Front cage hoop permitted.
Inner fender wells may be removed.
3. Roll bar padding is mandatory where driver can come in contact
with the cage. All roll bar padding in driver’s compartment must be fire retardant.
4. Nerf bar may extend up to 2” beyond factory body and
must terminate inward and contain no sharp edges.
5. Every cage must have at least one halo bar and one cross
1. Drivers must have Snell 95 or better rated helmet.
2. The strap and clasp must be in good functional condition.
3. Helmet cannot have any cracks.
4. Helmet must be worn at all times while vehicle is on the
track and must accompany vehicle at time of inspection.
1. Driving suit, gloves, racing shoes and neck brace are mandatory
and must be Sfi-approved fire retardant. SFI
approved socks and Hans/Hutchins devices are highly recommended. Driver’s
using a Hans/Hutchins device are exempt from using neck braces. No driver will
be allowed to race with street shoes. All safety gear must be in good condition.
2. Seat belts must be five-point and 3” minimum.
3. All belts must be roll bar typed or securely mounted to roll
4. Belts may be no more than three (3) years old.
5. No worn or sun rotted belts.
Tattered fibers, nonfunctional clasps and insufficient mounting points will be cause for vehicle to fail tech.
1. Window net will be mounted so latch is at top left corner
as seen from outside of vehicle facing window.
2. Webbed net only, minimum size of 16”X20”.
3. Window nets must be SFI approved.
1. All vehicles must have an aluminum seat fastened to the roll
cage. Side bolsters and side impact head supports recommended.
2. Seat must be attached to roll cage at shoulder height. Subject to tech inspection.
3. Seat covers and padding must be fire retardant.
4. Seat must be mounted with at least 4-3/8” bolts, in
at least four (4) points.
5. Must have head support.
Head bolsters recommended.
1. Each race team must have a fire extinguisher in or on the
trailer or rear of the tow vehicle. Must have car # painted on it and accompany driver to pre tech.
2. Fire extinguishers must be visible and accessible.
3. In-car fire extinguishers must be securely mounted. If not secure, it will need to be remounted or removed. No
1. Drive shaft loop required.
2. Drive shaft must be painted white and kept clean and have
car number on it.
1. When fuel cell is mandatory it must be located in trunk mounted
securely. Pickup trucks must use a metal enclosed fuel cell mounted securely in the bed area between the frame rails. Metal
enclosed fuel cells must use no greater that ten (10) gauge steel bar/material. No more than three (3) foot of rubber hose
on fuel system may be hooked to stock fuel line. Must have ground strap.
2. Fuel cell must be mounted by at least 2- 2X1/4” steel
strap completely surrounding the cell.
3. If fuel cell is plastic, it must have 18 gauge steel covering
the lower half.
4. Each fuel cell must be fuel tight and have a functional rollover
5. Fuel system must not contain over 3 feet of rubber hose.
6. Only steel fuel filters are to be used. No plastic or glass filters allowed.
7. Fuel transfer must not be the lowest point of the vehicle. Fuel line must not touch the ground at anytime.
Fuel cells must have a ground clearance of at least 10”.
8. Must have ground strap on fuel cell.
If running two-seater, passenger side must be same as driver’s side.
1. Driver’s compartment must be sealed from engine and
fuel cell by at least an 18 gauge steel sheet. Driver must do everything possible
to keep the driver’s compartment completely sealed off from the engine and trunk area.
2. All batteries must be securely mounted.
3. One battery only.
If mounted in the driver’s compartment, battery must be mounted in a container as to provide protection from
a battery acid spill in case of a rollover. Subject to tech approval.
4. Any fluid transfer through cab must be double walled steel
and securely fastened and to be shielded from the driver. Subject to tech approval.
5. No loose objects in the cab.
6. A battery kill switch is MANDATORY and switch must be in
the reach of the driver and Safety Crew.
7. No mirrors allowed.
8. At least one steel vertical support and steel mesh strong
enough to support 150 pounds is MANDATORY to replace windshields and go from pillar to pillar.
9. All exhaust systems must exit outside or beyond the body.
No exhaust components in driver’s compartment.