PRO STOCK RULES
1. The center of the forward most plug hole shall be no further back than the upper ball joint centerline.
2. Engine must be cast iron with exception of intake and exhaust manifolds.
3. Single plane intakes ok.
4. No Zoomies, or 180’s.
5. OEM cast iron block.
6. Any cast iron head allowed.
7. Electronic ignitions ok.
8. Maximum 800 cfm carburetors. No exotic carburetors including, but not limited
to, Predators and Dominators, etc.
9. Minor radiator protection is allowed and must be made of same roll bar material.
10. No dry sumps.
11. All cars are
subject to inspection at ANY time and may require the removal of some components.
1. OEM Transmission only.
2. No competition transmissions.
3. No ram couplers.
Must have functional torque converter
or clutch, 5.5 inch minimum.
1. Minimum wheelbase of 104, maximum deviation side to side of one (1) inch.
2. Car must have a minimum weight of at least 3000 lbs. with driver after main event.
3. Steel and aluminum after market bodies ok. Subject to tech approval. Performance
bodies are ok.
4. Body height from center of rear tire to center of front tire can have no more than a two (2) inch drop.
5. Spoilers allowed but not exceeding six (6) inches in height as measured from top of deck. Spoiler side and center supports can be no longer than twenty-four (24) inches.
6. Driver must sit within one (1) foot of the original position. Driver cannot
be sitting over driveline.
7. Front clip does not have to match engine.
8. Suspension must be OEM, but attachment points can be modified.
9. Heim joints ok in front steering, pan head, torque are, rear trailing arms and shocks.
10. No bird cages
or Z links.
11. Driver must
not be able to adjust suspension from inside the car.
12. Spindle, rotors
and calipers must be OEM or OEM replacements. Aluminum calipers ok.
13. Pan hard bar
must be a minimum of eighteen (18) inches, measured from center of hemi to center of heim.
14. Racing shocks
can be used and re-mounted but cannot be coil over type. Weight jacks or coil
over eliminator ok.
15. No more than
five (5) shocks per car. Four (4), one for each tire and one (1) for the rear
16. Steel non-adjustable,
while bolted on car. Tubular upper control arms with heims ok.
17. Rear differential
may be full float, no cambered rear ends.
18. Ford nine (9)
inch rear-ends ok.
19. No camber, quick-change
or aluminum housing.
20. Steering quickeners
1. Tires must be NO wider than 10.5 inches.
2. Tire may not protrude more than four (4) inches past the bodywork.
3. One bead lock allowed.
4. Any steel wheel allowed. No spacers wider than one (1) inch allowed.
5. Wheel stud threads must protrude from lug nuts. 1 inch lug nuts mandatory.
6. Bleeder valves ok.
7. No tire softening of any kind allowed.
1. The roll cage shall be constructed using 1.50 or 1.75 inch outside diameter steel tubing or greater with a minimum wall
thickness .095 inches. No tubing on the car can be greater than 2 inches in diameter. Six point cage consisting of four-point center section and “kicker bars”.
Kickers may be “X” braced. Center section of cage must consist of main hoop with “X” bracing and halo
that clears the driver’s head when he/she is strapped in with his/her helmet on.
The four points of the cage center section must be securely welded to the car’s frame rails or mounted on a steel
4x4 pads welded to unibodies. Windshield bar required. A minimum of three driver’s
side door bars are required to be plated with at least 18 gauge metal plating. Passenger
side “Z” bracing required-minimum. Driver and passenger doors may
be gutted as necessary to fit the cage. Doors must be securely fastened, if running
two (2) seats; passenger side needs to be the same requirements as driver’s side door.
2. Front cage hoop permitted. Inner fender wells may be removed.
3. Roll bar padding is mandatory where driver can come in contact with the cage. All roll bar padding in driver’s
compartment must be fire retardant.
4. Nerf bar may extend up to 2” beyond factory body and must terminate inward and contain no sharp edges.
5. Every cage must have at least one halo bar.
1. Drivers must have Snell 95 or better rated helmet.
2. The strap and clasp must be in good functional condition.
3. Helmet cannot have any cracks.
4. Helmet must be worn at all times while vehicle is on the track and must accompany vehicle at time of inspection.
1. Driving suit, gloves, racing shoes and neck brace are mandatory and must be Sfi-approved fire retardant. SFI
approved socks and Hans/Hutchins devices are highly recommended. Driver’s
using a Hans/Hutchins device are exempt from using neck braces. No driver will
be allowed to race with street shoes. All safety gear must be in good condition.
2. Seat belts must be five-point and 3” minimum.
3. All belts must be roll bar typed or securely mounted to roll cage.
4. Belts may be no more than five (5) years old.
5. No worn or sun rotted belts. Tattered fibers, nonfunctional clasps and insufficient mounting points will be cause for
vehicle to fail tech.
1. Window net will be mounted so it can be accessible by the driver and Safety Crew.
2. Webbed net only, minimum size of 16”X20”.
Window nets must be SFI approved.
1. All vehicles must have an aluminum seat fastened to the roll cage ONLY. Side
bolsters and side impact head supports recommended.
2. Seat covers and padding must be fire retardant.
3. Seat must be mounted with at least 4-3/8” bolts, in at least four (4) points.
4. Must have head support. Head bolsters recommended.
1. Each race team must have a fire extinguisher in or on the trailer or rear of the tow vehicle. Must have car # painted
on it and accompany driver to pre tech.
2. Fire extinguishers must be visible and accessible.
3. In-car fire extinguishers must be securely mounted. If not secure, it will
need to be remounted or removed. No zip-tied extinguishers.
1. Drive shaft loop required.
2. Drive shaft must be painted white and kept clean and have car number on it.
1. Fuel cell is mandatory. Must be located in trunk mounted securely. If fuel
cell is below the car it must be surrounded by 18 gauge steel. Pickup trucks must use a metal enclosed fuel cell mounted securely
in the bed area between the frame rails. Metal enclosed fuel cells must use no
greater that ten (10) gauge steel bar/material. No more than three (3) foot of
rubber hose on fuel system may be hooked to stock fuel line. Must have ground strap.
2. Each fuel cell must be fuel tight and have a functional roll over valve.
3. Fuel cell must be mounted by at least 2- 2X1/4” steel strap completely surrounding the cell.
4. If fuel cell is plastic, it must have 18 gauge steel covering the lower half.
5. Fuel system must not contain over 3 feet of rubber hose.
6. Only steel fuel filters are to be used. No plastic or glass filters allowed.
7. Fuel transfer must not be the lowest point of the vehicle. Fuel line must
not touch the ground at anytime. Fuel cells must have a ground clearance of at
8. Race fuel & Methanol ok.
9. Must have ground strap on fuel cell.
10. All exhaust
systems must exist outside or beyond car body. No exhaust components are allowed
in drivers’ compartment.
If running two-seater,
passenger side must be same as driver’s side.
1. Driver’s compartment must be sealed from engine and fuel cell by at least an 18 gauge steel sheet. Driver must do everything possible to keep the driver’s compartment completely sealed off from the
engine and trunk area.
2. All batteries must be securely mounted.
3. One battery only. If mounted in the driver’s compartment, battery
must be mounted in a container as to provide protection from a battery acid spill in case of a rollover. Subject to tech approval.
4. Any fluid transfer through cab must be double walled steel and securely fastened and to be shielded from the driver. Subject to tech approval.
5. No loose objects in the cab.
6. A battery kill switch is MANDATORY and switch must be in the reach of the driver and Safety Crew.
7. Electric fuel pumps ok but must have function oil pressure switch or inertia switch MANDATORY.
8. No mirrors allowed.
At least one steel vertical support
and steel mesh strong enough to support 150 pounds is MANDATORY to replace windshields and go from pillar to pillar.