1) VEHICLE DESCRIPTION
1. Any American or foreign production economy sedan, coupe, station wagon or pick-originally equipped with a four cylinder
engine. No all-wheel drive, rear or mid-engine cars. Maximum wheelbase is 100.5" Exceptions to the wheelbase rule may
be made on some stock mini-trucks that may exceed the 100.5" limit.
2. Vehicles must be completely stripped. No factory interior, no chrome, absolutely no glass anywhere, no lights etc.
2) ENGINE, CARBURETION, IGNITION
1. Water cooled in-line four cylinder production engines only.
2. 2600cc Maximum Displacement. CC displacement must be on hood of car. All cars must weigh 1 pound per cc. Tube chassis
cars must add .05 pounds per cc, dual cam must add .05 pounds per cc. Example: 2000 pound car adds 100 pounds for tube chassis,
and 100 pounds for dual cam. All cars must meet the weight rule with driver after the race.
3. OEM heads and blocks only. Crossbreeding of head, block and internal parts is allowed if they can be bolted together
4. Four valves per cylinder allowed.
5. Two valve cylinder heads may port and polish.
6. Single and dual camshafts permitted. Single cam specs open, dual cam engines add .05 pounds per cc to overall weight
of car. Example: 2000 lb car adds 100 pounds for dual cam.
7. Roller Rockers or roller Cams not permitted. Adjustable Cam devices OK.
8. Valve Springs, Retainers and valve size open.
9. No Titanium Permitted anywhere in valve train.
10. No purpose Built race engines, i.e. Cosworth, Indy, etc.
11. Header will be allowed. Cockpit Exhaust OK if shielded from driver. No exhaust may invade driver’s side
12. Stock or aftermarket pistons may be used.
13. Connecting Rods must be ferrous.
14. No Dry Sump oiling. No external pump oiling. Stock, homemade or aftermarket wet sump pans allowed.
15. Must use a single Two Barrel downdraft Carburetor that flows less than 501 CFM. A stock, modified or aftermarket intake
manifold is OK.
16. There shall be at least two throttle springs on the carburetor. Each of them shall be able to close the throttle without
the other one.
17. Fuel injection, turbo charging or supercharging shall not be allowed. Vehicles originally equipped with fuel injection
must be adapted to run a carburetor.
18. Ignition will be stock or aftermarket. No magnetos. Distributors may be locked out for advance system. Aftermarket
coils allowed. Any type distributor may be used.
19. Vehicle must weigh at least 1 lb. per cc of engine being used including driver after race. (2300cc engine vehicle
must weigh 2300 lbs at post tech inspection.) No adding weight or fliuds after race. Engine cc must be written on hood.
3) DRIVE TRAIN & BRAKES
1. Single Disk, Stock Appearing Clutch only. - No Ram couplers etc. - No direct drive. - Automatic Transmissions must
have a functional OEM torque converter.
2. Stock, lightened or aftermarket flywheel OK, Aluminum flywheels permitted. Must be stock diameter for block used.
3. A 180 degree Scatter shield must be installed underneath or over the floorboard using a minimum 1/8 inch steel plating
to protect the driver’s legs.
4. Driveshaft must be painted white. No aluminum Driveshaft’s.
5. Rear-end shall be stock type only. Make and model of reared may be changed.
6. No aftermarket or quick-change rear ends allowed.
7. Open, Limited Slip, Welded or otherwise locked rear ends shall be allowed.
8. Must have working brakes on at least three wheels. Locking the rear-end does not constitute as one brake.
9. Adjustable brake proportioning valves OK. Pedals open.
10. In-cockpit steering may be modified to suit driver’s taste, but must be kept on the left side of the cockpit.
No center steering.
4) ROLL CAGE CONSTRUCTION
1. Shall be at least a six-point cage with four uprights connected at the top.
2. Main Cage must be constructed of 1-1/2" diameter tube with .095" wall minimum. Shall not consist of black
iron or galvanized pipe.
3. Must completely enclose the driver.
4. Minimum of 3 Horizontal door bars on Drivers side and 2 Door bars on passenger side. Driver’s door must be
plated with a minimum 18 gauge.
5. Roll Cage Must secure to the frame or floor pan on unibodies cars by welding solidly around each upright bar or by
welding each upright bar solidly to a 6" X 6" by 1/4’ plate then welding or bolting this plate solidly
to the floor.
6. Gusseting on all bar junctions recommended.
7. Roll cage must have a vertical bar in front of windshield.
8. Roll bar padding is mandatory where driver can come in contact with the cage. All roll bar padding in driver’s
compartment must be fire retardant.
5) BODY, FRAME & SUSPENSION
1. No tubing or purpose built racing chassis permitted. Frame must remain stock OEM. Stock Frame and unibodies may be
reinforced with steel tubing front to rear subject to techman approval.
2. Must use OEM control arms and spindles in front suspension.
* Weight Jacking devices are allowed. No cockpit adjustable weight jacking devices allowed.
3. Any shocks may be used including coil overs. May be relocated to a better location. One shock or strut per wheel only.
5 shocks allowed per car, fifth shock allowed on pull bar, pull bar configuration open.
4. Suspension mounting points may be altered but suspension must mount in the stock manner for the chassis being used.
5. Stock or aftermarket bodies OK. Minimum 22 gauge steel or aluminum body, hood and roof panels. No fiberglass bodies.
Fiberglass roof OK. Body must be firmly attached to secure mounting points. Aftermarket nosepiece of plastic, fiberglass or
rubberized materials OK.
6. No aerodynamic air dams, wings etc. Subject to techman approval.
7. Spoilers OK. Limited to 6" in height as measured off the top of deck lid.
8. Nerf Bars OK provided that they are no farther than 2" from body of the vehicle. Ends must be bent in to prevent
9. Drivers compartment must be safely sealed from the engine bay, fuel cell and exhaust. Right side of driver’s
compartment may be boxed off to allow the exhaust system in this area.
6) TIRES & WHEELS
1. Any type steel wheel with a maximum of 8.5". Any offset allowed.
2. Bead lock permitted on right rear only.
3. DOT Radial tires or Hoosier oval track DOT dirt/American Racer Passenger performance tire (medium compound or harder).
4. No spiked or studded snow tires. No heavy lug snow tires allowed.
5. Grooving and sipping permitted.
6. Tread as measured across the tire cannot exceed 9"
7. 1" lug nuts required.
8. Wheels spacers must not exceed 1" thick.
9. Tires must not protrude more than 2" past body work.
10. Any chemical substance which alters the tire(s) factory traction characteristics (e.g. - tire softener) is not allowed.
1. Pump or race gas only. No Methanol or nitro methane.
2. Racing Fuel cell required.
3. Racing Fuel Cell and containers may extend below the trunk floor but must be contained in a fully enclosed box made
of minimum 20 gauge steel. Maximum 16 gallons.
4. Any fluid transfer through the cab must be shielded from the driver. Subject to tech approval.
5. Vehicles running and electric fuel pump must have a functioning inertia switch.
6. Fuel Cell protection bars recommended. Fuel cell will be located within body and centered near the original gas tank.
7. A positive locking filler cap must be used. Breather vents must be designed so that fuel will not escape if vehicle
is upside down.
1. The roll cage shall be constructed using 1.50 or 1.75 inch outside diameter steel tubing or greater with a minimum
wall thickness .095 inches. No tubing on the car can be greater than 2 inches in diameter. Six point cage consisting of four-point
center section and "kicker bars". Kickers may be "X" braced. Center section of cage must consist of main
hoop with "X" bracing and halo that clears the driver's head when he/she is strapped in with his/her helmet on.
The four points of the cage center section must be securely welded to the car's frame rails or mounted on a steel 4x4 pads
welded to unibodies. Windshield bar required. A minimum of three driver's side door bars are required to be plated with at
least 18 gauge metal plating. Passenger side "Z" bracing required-minimum. Driver and passenger doors may be gutted
as necessary to fit the cage. Doors must be securely fastened, if running two (2) seats; passenger side needs to be the same
requirements as driver's side door.
2. Roll bar padding is mandatory where driver can come in contact with the cage. All roll bar padding in driver's compartment
must be fire retardant.
3. Each fuel cell must be fuel tight and have a functional roll over valve.
9) FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
1. Each race team must have a fire extinguisher in or on the trailer or rear of the tow vehicle. Must have car # painted
on it and accompany the car to pre-tech.
2. Fire extinguishers must be visible and accessible.
3. In-car fire extinguishers must be securely mounted. If not secure, it will need to be remounted or removed. No zip-tied
1. Drivers must have Snell 95 or better rated helmet.
2. The strap and clasp must be in good functional condition.
3. Helmet cannot have any cracks.
4. Helmet must be worn at all times while vehicle is on the track and must accompany vehicle at time of inspection.
11) DRIVING GEAR
1. Driving suit, gloves, leather shoes or leather boots and neck brace are mandatory and must be SFI-approved fire retardant.
SFI approved socks and Hans/Hutchins devices are highly recommended. Driver's using a Hans/Hutchins device are exempt from
using neck braces. No driver will be allowed to race with street shoes. All safety gear must be in good condition.
2. Seat belts must be five-point and 3" minimum.
3. All belts must be roll bar typed or securely mounted to roll cage.
4. Belts may be no more than three (3) years old.
5. No worn or sun rotted belts. Tattered fibers, nonfunctional clasps and insufficient mounting points will be cause for
vehicle to fail tech.
12) WINDOW NETS
1. Window net will be mounted so it can be accessible by the driver and Safety Crew.
2. Webbed net only, minimum size of 16"X20".
3. Window nets must be SFI approved.
13) SEATS & BELTS
1. All vehicles must have an aluminum seat fastened to the roll cage ONLY. Do not attach to car body. Side bolsters and
side impact head supports are recommended.
2. Seat covers and padding must be fire retardant.
3. Seat must be mounted with 4-3/8" bolts, in at least four (4) points.
4. Five (5) point type harnesses required with three (3) inch waist and shoulder straps.